Spicy Corn Bell pepper muffins!

Print Friendly and PDF


I got a bit tired of all sweet muffins and decided to find some salty snack to bake up instead. I also got a new mini Muffin pan and i love the mini size! I found a great spicy Corn Muffin recipe on Tasty Palettes and decided to give it a try with some changes. I made mine with corn, bell pepper, garlic and cilantro. Next time i am going to add some scallions, grated carrots or beets, zucchini and or spinach. And I will add some cheese too!

Yield: 12 mini muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup wheat bran
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons lime juice
  • 3 tablespoons yogurt
  • 2-4 tablespoons milk
  • 1.5 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
  • 2 teaspoons garlic flakes
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Directions:
  1. In a pan. heat 1 teaspoon oil.
  2. Add in the garlic flakes, bell pepper, corn and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook on medium flame for 7-9 minutes or until the bell pepper loses some of its moisture.
  3. In a large bowl, mix in the flour, salt(1 teaspoon) , baking powder and baking soda. Mix well or sieve 2 times.
  4. Add in the sugar, bran, spices, remaining oil, yogurt, milk, lightly beaten egg. Mix till just about incorporated.
  5. Add in the warm corn mixture and cilantro and mix until well incorporated. The mixture should not be too dry.
  6. Drop spoonfulls on the greased muffin pan.
  7. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes. Check with toothpick before removing from oven.
  8. Remove muffins from pan. Cool before popping them in your mouth with ketchup or ranch! I had these warm snacks with my evening tea! A Hit with hubby too!


2 comments:

  1. WOW (impressed look). Your muffins looks so yummy. I LOVE spicy food!

    Here I bought a sauce pack for Sauce for Mapo Tofu so as to skip all the seasonings tonight! and will try out your receipe after i got all the ingredients!!!
    http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to make these right now, 2 of my fav ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete

All content on this blog, including the photography and written text, are my creative and hard work, owned by ©Richa Hingle, which means it is Copyrighted with All Rights Reserved. Links and excerpts can be used with credit and a link back to the blog. Recipes, Ingredients, Method, Photography CANNOT be Copied or republished. No work from this blog may be used for republishing and for commercial purposes without our permission. Please contact richahingle (at) gmail (dot) com for permission, questions and inquiries. Thank you.
 

Popular Posts

Featured On

Meet The Author


Hi! I am Richa. I love to whip up plant-based meals which make me and hubbs swoon and not miss any animal or animal products in them. Find out more About Me here.


Get the latest updates from Vegan Richa by Email!



Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter below