I was craving something sweet the other day and I dint have any fruits on hand to add to the cake. So I tried adding cereal to the cake batter! I added Post Blueberry Morning since it has a lot of dried blueberries and I love the multi-grain bran flakes. The cake turned out quite wonderful and the right amount of sweet! I usually like my cakes just about sweet and not super sweet coz they hurt my teeth! Feel free to increase the sweetness according to your taste!
Ingredients:
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup blueberry morning cereal( or any cereal with dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 2/3 cup milk or water
Directions:
- In a bowl mix together all the dry spices, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until just about combined.
- Pour batter into 2 well greased mini loaf pans(6 by 2 inch I think )
- Bake at 365 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then remove cake from pan. Cool completely before storing.





0 comments:
Post a Comment