I had a big slab of mild cheddar sitting and looking sad in the refrigerator. I looked up cheddary recipes and decided to make some fluffy biscuits. I made them in a mini muffin pan instead of dropping dollops on a parchment paper to get a fatter and taller biscuit!
Ingredients:
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely sliced chives/shallots/spring onions
Directions:
- In a large bowl. mix he flour, salt , pepper and baking soda well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until just about combined. Use more water if needed.
- Drop spoonfulls in a greased mini muffin pan or on parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 360 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Take the muffinsout of the pan and cool before storing!
- Enjoy these biscuits with dinner or as a snack!





0 comments:
Post a Comment