Carrot Celery Leek Potato Soup. Vegan, glutenfree

Print Friendly and PDF


Another Thanksgiving Spread recipe finally up.. The week of Thanksgiving was our first week of local and organic grocery delivery by Full circle farms.
The story goes, that hubbs came across a deal, went through the options, realized they deliver to our area and have different sizes of boxes.. he signed up.. Now, if he would have signed up sometime last year, he would have looked at the " then unknown veggies" and most likely not confirmed the deal. But since we have been eating more vegetables and he also tries out new things at his office cafeteria, he knew a lot of the names and one fine day we got the delivery.
I dint know till that day morning that he had signed up and had no clue about what would be in the box....


So out comes some Pears, Pomegranates, apples, some looong leafy Celery, hugeeee Kale and pretty green Brussels sprouts, an overfed spring onion(Leek, he dint know what it was), Delicata squash(he liked the name :\) and some other things.. I was like :O.. you selected these things.. he was like.. Yeah some of them, and some others were default.. I was like :|.. ok.. we are eating a whole lotta green stuff this whole week:D ..
So keep an eye out for some super fun fruits and greens recipes.. and Oh yes, we curried them brussels sprouts! this is an indian household.. we curry everything.:P . Check out other recipes under the holiday tag here! Pictured below with leftover edges of the Chickpea fennel Crackers.


Serves 2
In a pan, add a teaspoon organic canola oil or coconut oil, Add 3 cloves of garlic chopped, chili flakes and cook for a minute on medium heat.
Add 1 cup chopped and washed leek and cook for another minute.
Add 1 cup chopped carrots, 1 cup chopped celery and 1/2 cup potato.
Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder and 1/2 tsp Cajun spice or spice blend of choice and mix well.
Cook covered for 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup of water, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon raw sugar or agave syrup and Cook covered on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring 1-2 times in between.
Take off heat and cool for a minute.
Blend this into a smooth puree and pour into the same pan. Add more water to get desired consistency.
Cook on medium heat in the pan till it comes to a boil. Adjust salt and spice..
Garnish with thinly chopped carrot, celery and/or leek.
Serve hot with Crackers or soft dinner rolls!


I think Cajun spice like a good garam masala can pretty much make everything taste great! This root vegetable soup is heading to Ricki's wellness weekend, and Hearth and Soul blog hop.

16 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks delicious, Richa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a healthy soup to warm your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this soup looks perfectly comforting and healthy. it's definitely that time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM! I am such a sucker for a good looking soup, I tell ya. I am writing everything you are making down on my "Dinner This Week" List.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This soup looks so hearty and delicious - and love the addition of chickpea crackers. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your healthy recipes, Richa :). And I agree that Cajun spice can make everything taste better. It's part of my kitchen arsenal..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm..... if I could only drop in for an already made bowl of delicious soup ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Isobelle and SproutsofSpring!

    Thanks Caitlin.. yep it surely is a soup time here with almost freezing temps every night.! brrrr

    Thanks Cara.. and here I was thinking that the color is such weird greeny orange coz of the colors of carrot and celery.. i mean who would drink that muddy color:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jesse! hubbs ate it with lots of celery though.. it was his i like celery today day.

    Thanks divya! yep.. i love cajun spiced baked potato fries any day!

    Thanks Ella. if you are ever in seattle i will definitely make u some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, your soup sounds perfectly think and comforting, just the thing for the cold winter days coming our way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How perfect for the cooler weather! I'll have to remember this next autumn and winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The soup sounds delicious! I love warming soups/stews during the winter months, feels cozy :)

    P.S. Please allow the url/name comments
    Nadia @natureinsider

    ReplyDelete
  13. over here! me, in the back! i'll totally eat that 'muddy' coloured soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm right there with Jess on that one. I love the color of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the liking the soup and the color girls:) ( Jess and Cara)! hubbs wasnt so convinced of the color.. so everytime i gave him a bowl, i topped it with carrots, or cilantro so he couldnt see whats underneath. he loved it and ate it all though! :D

    Thank you Hannah and Hannah! (Bittersweet and wayfaring choc):)

    Thanks Nadia and Tina!

    ReplyDelete

All content on this blog, including the photography and written text, are my creative and hard work, owned by ©Richa Hingle, which means it is Copyrighted with All Rights Reserved. Links and excerpts can be used with credit and a link back to the blog. Recipes, Ingredients, Method, Photography CANNOT be Copied or republished. No work from this blog may be used for republishing and for commercial purposes without our permission. Please contact richahingle (at) gmail (dot) com for permission, questions and inquiries. Thank you.
 

Popular Posts

Featured On

Meet The Author


Hi! I am Richa. I love to whip up plant-based meals which make me and hubbs swoon and not miss any animal or animal products in them. Find out more About Me here.


Get the latest updates from Vegan Richa by Email!



Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter below