Cookie BlogHop: Pistachio Almond Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies. Vegan

Print Friendly and PDF


Its the time for a Blog hop and This month's theme is Cookies!
There are sooo many cookies to choose from! I finally decided on making nutty, crunchy Pistachio thumbprint cookies!
Its also the month of festivities, cakes and cookies! I baked a Christmas Stollen wreath today and have to bake up a decadent Kahlua fruit cake over the weekend!:) What are you all baking up this month?!
These cookies are almost a protein bar(3.5 gm per cookies) with so many nuts and all unrefined whole ingredients! I topped them with cranberry pear simple chutney. You can use any cranberry jam or eat them as is!
Some other fun holiday treats from the archives..
and lots of Cookies here.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup raw pistachioes
  • 1/3 cup raw almonds
  • 3 Tablespoons walnuts
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 Tablespoons raw sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons agave
  • 2 Tablespoons virgin coconut oil or organic canola oil or Earth balance butter
  • 1 teaspoon flax meal
  • 3 Tablespoons warm water
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder or spice of choice
  • jam or chutney for filling( I used cranberry pear chutney)
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, add hot water, flax meal and coconut oil. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
  2. Add in the vinegar, sugar, salt, agave and spices and mix for 2 minutes till well combined.
  3. Grind the pistachios, almonds, walnuts separately using pulse so they dont become too buttery.
  4. Add in the ground nuts, and sift whole wheat flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients and mix well.
  5. The mixture will be a slightly stiff but still sticky dough. Add more flour if the mixture is more like a batter.
  6. Oil hands or spoon and shape into balls. Place on parchment and make a deep dent in the center.
  7. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F for 14-16 minutes depending on cookie size and thickness.
  8. Cool on rack. The cookies might be soft when right out of the oven but will solidify to a biscuity texture. Fill thumbprint with jam or any other filling of choice!
  9. Cranberry Pear Chutney: Cook 3/4 cup cranberries and half a pear pureed with 1 Tbsp jaggery/raw sugar, ginger powder, cinnamon, pinch of salt till all cranberries pop and chutney thickens.
Nutrition Facts
Amount per serving 1 cookie
Calories: 130.6 kcal
Carbohydrate (42%) 14.07 g
Protein 3.5 g
Total Fat (49%) 7.61 g
Monounsaturated 2.54 g
Polyunsaturated 2.12 g
Saturated 2.51 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Dietary Fibre 2.25 g
Vitamin A 29.79 IU
Niacin 0.85 mg
Vitamin B6 0.13 mg
Folate 9.84 mcg
Vitamin E 1.03 mg ATE
Calcium 18.69 mg
Iron 0.8 mg
Magnesium 31.79 mg
Phosphorus 81.47 mg
Potassium 124.77 mg
Sodium 0.67 mg
December is #cookielove month! I am co-hosting this bloghop with some amazing bloggers.. do drop by to check their wonderful creations!
Badger Girl Learns to Cook/ Kimberly Aime/ @BdgerGrl
BigFatBaker/ Erin Meyer/ @BigFatBaker
Bloc de recetas/ Salomé/ @Blocderecetas
Bon a croquer /Valerie/ @Valouth
CafeTerraBlog/ Terra Baltosiewich / @CafeTerraBlog
Cake Duchess/ Lora/ @cakeduchess
Creative Cooking Corner/ Karriann Graf/ @KarriannGraf
Easily Good Eats/ Three-Cookies
Georgiecakes /Georgie Kubarych /@georgiecakes
Hobby And More / Richa/ @betit19
knitstamatic / Deb/ @knitstamatic
Mike's Baking / Mike R./ @mikesbaking
Mis Pensamientos / Junia/ @juniakk
Oh Cake / Jessica Hose/ @jesshose
Queen's Notebook /Elizabeth Quirino/ @Mango_Queen
Savoring Every Bite /Linda Geiler/ @Spicegirlfla
Simply Reem / Reem /@simplyreem
Soni's Food for Thought / Soni/ @sonisfood
Teaspoon of Spice /Deanna Segrave-Daly/ @tspbasil
That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!/ Liz / @Thatskinnychick
The Spicy RD / EA Stewart /@thespicyrd
The Wimpy Vegetarian /Susan Pridmore /@chezsuzanne
Vegan Yack Attack! /Jackie Sobon/ @veganyackattack
Vegetarian Taste Buds/ Raji / @vegtastebuds

Please join in on the #cookielove fun by linking up any cookie recipe from the month of December 2011. Don't forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #cookielove event! The twitter hashtag is #cookielove :).


32 comments:

  1. Lovely cookies Richa..I can have these cookies for my breakfast..these are so good #cookielove to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmmmm...that beautiful pop of cranberry red make these thumbprints so beautiful! Great cookie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow luv these yummy cookies...and cranberry addition is awesome....

    luv the clicks...


    LGSS -"Tomato" - Nov 5th to Dec 5th
    100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cookies and the use of cranberries make it look soo yum and colorful!Great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recipe! Not only is it beautiful enough for a holiday cookie tray, but it's also breakfast-worthy. And I love the pistachios! Keeping this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mix of nuts in this cookie! and the topping of chutney sounds awesome! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Raji, Kalyan and Lizzy!

    Thanks Anu and Sani!

    Thanks Laura, these indeed made for a nutritious snack or breakfast! Hope you like them!

    Thanks you Savoringeverybite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies are so beautiful and healthy, too. Love all of nuts in the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - love pistachio, cranberry, almond combo - and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Richa-These are so festive and pretty:)I love cookies with cranberries and can't wait to try this recipe out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love thumbprint cookies. Combining pistachio and almond is a wonderful idea. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the pistachio almond blend in these cookies. yummy! :D and making them vegan just makes me so happy hehehe. #cookielove!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made thumbprint cookies, too! Great minds obviously think alike. ;) Also, I wanted to ask to see if it was okay if I copy and pasted your links/twitter/name list to my blog so that I would have a bit more info for everyone. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes Jackie.. great minds do think alike.. yes, please go ahead and copy the list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Becky, Deanne and Lora!

    Thanks Knistsmatic and Junia.. junia, i havent baked non vegan in more than one year now! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love thumbprints! I love the middle best! Glad you could join #Cookielove!

    ReplyDelete
  17. delicious and perfectly baked cookies..Beautiful clicks too..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pistachio cookies? Oh my goodness - my husband wouldn't leave a crumb behind!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Elizabeth,Cake, Tina and Yuri!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delicious looking cookies!!!!
    that pop of red cranberry goodness make it so festive...
    Yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cookies are so delightful! They are the perfect shape and I love the bright red chutney on top! Nice to host #cookielove with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those cookies seems really tasty! Especially with jam on top! (And even more if it's cranberry jam likes yours!!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes please! They sound soooooo good:-) I love that you used the pastry flour in a cookie, I will have to try that:-) AND anything with cranberries makes me happy:-) Yum!
    Hugs, Terra
    www.cafeterrablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a creative and unique flavor combination! I can picture it now; The sweetness of the corn and tartness of the cranberry must be a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous photos.. the ingredients are so rich that I'm going to try it! Besos

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love the use of the nuts in this recipe! I think once the "12 Days of Christmas Cookies" is over, I will *have* to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE your entry in to the #cookie love bloghop! Not only do they sound delicious, they look so pretty too! They are definitely going on my list to try making gluten-free!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cookies look fantastic! Love the addition of the cranberries. Very nice cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely, keep going with the trials

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like so much cookies biscuits...I got a new idea how to prepare cookies. I like so much to prepare different things..yummy biscuits!!!

    indian web hosting companies

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like a delicious cookie. Thanks for the recipe :)

    http://mariscakesenglish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All content on this blog, including the photography and written text, are my creative and hard work, owned by ©Richa Hingle, which means it is Copyrighted with All Rights Reserved. Links and excerpts can be used with credit and a link back to the blog. Recipes, Ingredients, Method, Photography CANNOT be Copied or republished. No work from this blog may be used for republishing and for commercial purposes without our permission. Please contact richahingle (at) gmail (dot) com for permission, questions and inquiries. Thank you.
 

Popular Posts

Featured On

Meet The Author


Hi! I am Richa. I love to whip up plant-based meals which make me and hubbs swoon and not miss any animal or animal products in them. Find out more About Me here.


Get the latest updates from Vegan Richa by Email!



Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter below