Cauliflower Bread!

Print Friendly and PDF


I got a mad craving for gobi paratha the other day. But i usually get very tired with all the rolling for the paratha. So i was thinking of other options. I tried to find recipes for cauliflower bread, but didnt find any. I made up this one using sweet potato bread type recipes.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp coriander powder
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated cauliflower( i have to try 1 cup cauliflower next time)
  • 1 tsp baking pwder
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 2 tsp melted butter/oil for dough
  • 1 tsp melted butter to brush
  • 1/2 cup water
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, Sift in the flours , salt, spices and baking powder.
  2. In a food processor or by hand, make dough of all the ingredients.
  3. The dough should not be sticky. Let the dough stand for 10 minutes and then knead again.
  4. Make a loaf of it and place on baking sheet.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes till golden brown.
  6. You can grate some cheese on the top before taking the bread out to cool.
  7. Brush melted butter on top.
Update: I did try the bread with 1 cup of grated cauliflower, but i did not let it stand for enough time and the bread turned out soggy from inside after baking. Cauliflower has a lot of water content. I should have remembered this from gobi paratha problems.
Lesson Learnt: next time i will dry it out before adding it and i will let the dough sit for half an hour before baking:)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content on this blog, including the photography and written text, are my creative and hard work, owned by ©Richa Hingle, which means it is Copyrighted with All Rights Reserved. Links and excerpts can be used with credit and a link back to the blog. Recipes, Ingredients, Method, Photography CANNOT be Copied or republished. No work from this blog may be used for republishing and for commercial purposes without our permission. Please contact richahingle (at) gmail (dot) com for permission, questions and inquiries. Thank you.
 

Popular Posts

Featured On

Meet The Author


Hi! I am Richa. I love to whip up plant-based meals which make me and hubbs swoon and not miss any animal or animal products in them. Find out more About Me here.


Get the latest updates from Vegan Richa by Email!



Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter below